One you have achieved your RPA, FMA, your designation stays active and your knowledge stays current – through Continuing Professional Development (CPD). The CPD requirement provides evidence of your commitment to professional development, proving to your supervisors that you are keeping pace with the industry to ensure continued success in the future.
To maintain your BOMI designation, you must acquire 18 points of continuing education credit every three years. The 3-year renewal period begins on the date that you attain your first BOMI designation. If you hold more than one BOMI designation, you will still only need to earn 18 CPD points every three years to maintain your multiple designationsYou can earn CPD credits through real estate license renewals, course credits, or industry experience such as publishing an article, presenting a paper, or belonging to a related trade association.
- Winning a BOMA International and/or local building award
- Publish an original article or research report in a national journal
- Participate as a presenter at a regional, national or international conference on commercial property or a related topic
- Serve as an instructor for any qualifying program (course content must be on approved list)
- Serve as an author/reviewer or member of an examination development workshop for any qualifying program
The Building Owners and Manager Association of Omaha, Inc.